Monday, February 25, 2013

Our Quilts | Alistair

This is the first installment of a three-part post on the quilts in our house.

When on maternity leave, I took a quilting class with two other new mums (with our babes in tow) at Prairie Chicks in Hague, SK.  It was great - we went out and the babies were young enough to lie on their blankets, and sleep in the strollers.  Wow that was a long time ago...in 2009 actually.

This is my son's quilt.  I really love the colours in it.  While it is definitely a boy's quilt, but it has a look for being around for years.



Like how the border frames the quilt so well.  Also you can just see the curtain that was made to match the quilt.


On the back I did a patch to show when I made (finished) the quilt.


The quilt was 'quilted' in free-motion style on my sewing machine.  Took a while but was so worth it.  Love the result.




Really enjoyed doing this block where you sew four blocks together in a square, then cut it off-centre and frame it.


Here is the back where I used just two fabrics to finish it off.  It is reversible in a sense.




No comments:

Post a Comment