Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baby Gift | Calob

Okay a bit behind on posting.  These were made over the holiday break. 

I loved my large receiving blankets when the kids were babies.  My kids still use them on their beds, in the summer as a sheet, and to play with.  So when a friend had her second baby I knew what I wanted to do.

The fabric is 45" wide, heavy weight, good quality flannelet from Periwinkle Quilting here in Saskatoon.  I prewashed it and it's lovely and soft.

Loved the modern boyish print of this fabric.  Here it is 45" square blanket.
 

Finished it off by serging, folding under, and zig-zaging it.


Had to give a book too - Barefoot Books - perfect for them as big sister will be reading in the next year.


From the small amount of scrap fabric I had left, I put together double sided cloths, perfect for throwing in the diaper bag for quick clean ups / burp ups! 


Then bundled it all together to form the present.  Tied it up using the cut-off selvages.  Nothing was left to waste!


No comments:

Post a Comment