Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Navy & Striped Tops | Sil 150


 It's about time I did some sewing other than for birthday party gifts!

So this is an independent pattern company out of Texas and she does separate fronts for the different cup sizes - B, C & D.  Found her about five years ago and like her no-nonsense approach to sewing.  Her background is clothing factories not home sewing.  It's refreshing!

So the navy top is from a drapey rayon knit from Unique Textiles, while the stripe top is a firm cotton-spandex knit from old, old stash (so old I don't remember where it's from).  Both have been lengthened from the pattern (just at the hem), with the striped one lengthened even more for my taste.  I like to belt tops so they need a bit more length.

  
 
I really like the little sleeve, a mini-cap-sleeve.  It's super quick to make up and I love the french darts.  Very flattering for my full bust.  Even though the pattern shows it with sleeves, don't think I'd ever make that version due to the sleeve being so dropped.  Just not my thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment