So I asked the kids what they wanted to be this year, and neither really knew. So I went downstairs to see what I had on hand to make into a Halloween costume.
I had some interesting (like what was I thinking when I bought it), shiny velour leopard print polyester knit...perrrfect for a cat costume. I used scrap of the black jogging fleece (Alistair's costume) for the tummy, just reversing so it was fuzzy.
Then Alistair said "I want to be dead" so I interpreted as a skeleton. I 'stole' the idea of sticking on the bones from my friend Jill. I used black jogging fleece for the main body.
So both are PJ pattern with a hood. I added ears and tail for the cat. Then for the skeleton, I got some help from Simon in cutting out bones in white felt. Then used fusible web to attach. Done...so cute and scary!