Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Gift | Ayla

I love doing birthday gifts.  They are fun, fast, creative fixes.  In this case we made a 'pink and purple' skirt.  Imogen picked the book from our Barefoot Books collection for gifts.  Really like these books from the UK (my friend Jenn is a rep for here in Saskatoon). 
 
 
This is a quilting cotton I received from my mum's stash.  The bottom purple fabric is from a previous skirt I made Imogen, purchased at our local Periwinkle Quilting shop. 
 
 
The rick-rack was the perfect thing to finish the skirt off -- and ensures the 'pink and purple' theme is strong. The rick-rack was purchased this summer at a very cool shop in Minneapolis called Sewtropolis.  I found this store through another blog Pattie the Snug Bug, who used to work there.  I went there when visiting my friend Kathy on our way home from Madison, WI.
 
 
Oh and we can't forget to personalize the gift with the birthday girl's name.   
 
 
I made a gift bag (couldn't be matching, as I had no fabric left from the skirt) so I picked this one.  It's made from a fat-quarter my mum gave me and lined with some soft blue fabric from my days at Fabricland.  Back when remnants were buy 1, get 3 free.  They really needed to clear them out.  It was perfect for this project.
 
 
Again personalized the bag, so there is no doubt who it belongs to!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment