Monday, April 30, 2012

Puppet Theatre

There is a really great craft show here where some friends and I saw really neat handmade in-doorway puppet theatres.  What a great idea.  It was one of those things that was so great, you are sad you didn't think of it yourself.  Well they say the greatest compliment is copying...so that's what I did.  Just not as cute as the ones we saw with all the appliques of ladybird and leaves.

So I used a few pieces from the fabric my quilting mother gave me.  It's a tensor rod at the top and a dowel at the bottom of the window.  Just made a simple pocket for them.  Was pretty quick to put together.  The time was spent figuring out how far up from the floor to make the window.  I drew it all out in chalk.

In the future, I would make the widow a bit narrower and perhaps make the curtains a bit longer.  I put Velcro on the back so the kids can put the curtains up if they want during a show.



Oh and if you want fancier, there is a great book out there to make one too.  oliver + s little things to sew where they have a cute puppet theatre that looks like a house!


No comments:

Post a Comment