Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sew Over It, London UK | Shop & Trouser Class (2013)

This is another store I wished I owned.  Tie between this place and Ray Stitch.  This is in south London - Clapham.  An area I don't know as well as North London but super quaint none the less!


You walk through the front door and you are greeted by manequines featuring garments made from store fabric and the owner's patterns.  All are offered in classes.  There is a hint of retro in all things.



At the back of the main floor, is one of two sewing areas (other in basement).

Here is my teacher, Freia Groves, for the Ultimate Trousers class.
Beautiful light coming in, even on a cloudy (British) day.


So here is me finishing my trousers - made with stretch denim from Unique Textiles.


Being that I have sewed a bit before, I was the first to finish.  So I decided to make a skirt too -- grabbed the last piece of this rayon print for a circle skirt, using their pattern.


All done -- what a wonderful experience.  I would go back in a heart beat next time in UK.


The store owner, who I didn't get to meet, has her own line of patterns (from her classes) and a book too, which I own!

No comments:

Post a Comment