Thursday, November 14, 2013

Noodlehead Super Tote | Knitting Bag

I started knitting again last year when I took a learn to knit sweater class at Prairie Lilly Knitting here in Saskatoon.  I have knit before, but forgot some of the simplest things, like casting on (a must).  Well I'm now hooked on a second hobby.  Oh boy - I have enough sewing stuff.  Now I have knitting stuff.  Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who embraces it.

I go to a weekly knitting drop in session  - such fab people there!  I realized going to class, the projects in ziplock bags, old bags with holes weren't cutting it.  I was also forgetting some critical knitting supplies.  So it was time to make a knitting bag. I had seen a post on Probably Actually of this great bag and thought - perfect knitting bag - called the Super Tote by Noodlehead.  Here's a peek at my messy sewing room, and the bag of course...

 
 Getting ready to make it, deciding on the trim at the top of the exterior pocket.


So I went through my stash and found a couple cottons then headed to Periwinkle Quilting to find the brown front fabric (Art Gallery I think), then Unique Textiles to get a coordinating print for the inside.  Thankfully I had one piece used up from stash.  That's my motto - cannot buy new fabric unless it is to use on a project from stash (and yes I have broken my motto).

Front and back I used the same fabrics.  This was a pretty easy and quick project to put together.  You just have to be careful cutting things out that you don't get pieces mixed up, especially when using multiple fabrics.  I used a heavier interfacing (I don't know what kind it was) on the outside parts and handles, to give the bag more shape, as this is quilting cotton.    

I put buttons from my stash on the bottom of the bag to help with wear.  I've seen this on high end handbags, so why not on my knitting bag.

 

Really enjoyed trying the concealed magnetic closure on the front pocket.  I thought it was going to be hard...but it was so easy.  Kind of like a snap but you don't need the installation tools.


The inside has 4 pockets that have elastic at the top to keep things in them when full - how clever Noodlehead!
I think I'll be making this bag again...

No comments:

Post a Comment