Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Navy flower dress | Sil 4019

This is my first time using Silhouette Pattern's 4019 Diane's Wrap Dress pattern.  Wow was this quick to make - wish all projects were this straight forward.  Took only two evenings from prepping the pattern to wearing the dress.  

This dress was made back in the Spring (yeah I'm a wee bit behind in posts - but now than never!)



Last summer I was out at Prairie Chick in Hague, SK when they had a crazy sale on where I picked up this really fun quilting cotton for $4.99/m.  I purchased 3m ($15).  I knew it would be a dress, I just didn't know what pattern.

I love the way Silhouette Patterns are done - they are so very fast to put together.  I really appreciate the speed and easy of doing the collar where you press under the seam allowance, and slide it onto the garment body, then topstitch.  Took less than 5 minutes to do -- and the edges are perfectly aligned with the bodice -- something that never seemed to happen when I did it the 'traditional' way.

Somehow this feels a bit 1940's.  I can't put my finger on what it is, but I adore it.

There are ties inside and out to hold the dress in place and the front is double fabric which ensures the facing don't roll out.  Added bonus - it 'holds' you in.

I will be making another very soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment