Here is my table at the retreat at the start. I spent the week before cutting out as much as I could. Around 40 items. I tried cutting out subsequent sizes to use up the piece of fabric. It's a guarantee the kids will grow!
You can see a bit in the background how large the room is with its huge vaulted ceiling. There were about 45 women sewing in the one room -- and we ate at the one end too. Stunning views...so relaxing.
Each of us got a table to sew at. I ended up with 5 wonderful women surrounding me. The tables are just empty in the photo as I was the first to set up.
- Michelle from North Battleford with a 3 year old daughter
- Kari from Saskatoon with a 5 month old baby
- Shirley the nurse with two teenagers
- Sherry the nurse with two grown kids
- Michelle with a 4 year old son and 3 grown kids
So after sewing Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning; I ended up with 25 garments! - Posts to follow on the items.
So here is a recap of what was sewn:
- PJ pants - XS adult (cousin gift)
- PJ top & pant - size 13 (cousin gift)
- PJ top & pant - size 7 (cousin gift)
- PJ top & pant - size 6 (cousin gift)
- Grey pants - size 4 & 5 (Alistair)
- Navey pants - size 4, 5 & 6 (Alistair)
- Blue corduroy pants with car print - size 4 & 5 (Alistair)
- PJ top, 2 PJ bottoms & shorts in a Jungle print - size 4 (Alistair)
- Navey corduroy pants with purple print - size 6 (Imogen)
- Purple pants - size 6 (Imogen)
- Dusty pink jean pants - size 6 (Imogen)
- Dusty pink skirt- size 6 (Imogen)
- Pink bird top - size 6 (Imogen)
- Flower pink top - size 6 (Imogen)
- Contrast blue and grey-flower top - size 6 (Imogen)
You can see we sewed into the wee hours of the night -- and take a look at the vaulted ceilings!