Friday, September 6, 2013

Thank You Gift for a Great Neighbour

My neighbour is doing a massive house clean-out now that school is upon us.  She received several bins of fabric of her grandmothers, but doesn't have the time to sew anything...so she asked if I was interested...in fabric.  Uh yeah! 

To thank her for her generosity, I got her and the kids to pick out tissue holders.  I took a chance on what the husband may like - couldn't leave him out!


So I helped her sort it out.  A pile to donate to a local non-profit Cloth for Kids who make clothing for in-need kids in Saskatoon, a pile I was interested in, and a final pile that was neither.  I posted the last pile on Kijiji for free and it was gone in 5 minutes.  Easy.  Here's a sampling of what went for free.

 

Now I have many new pieces to add to my costume fabric stash and have enough trim to tie up my children until Halloween!  And there may be a piece or two for new clothes for me in there (yippee). The bag was full to the brim (I've already got some washing) and the trims are so perfect for kids stuff.

  



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment