Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Little Presents for Little People

Alistair has made many friends at his day-home.  Several of them are turning 5 this week, so I wanted to do a little something special.  Since my friend who runs the day-home is an amazing baker, I can't measure up on that front.  Jennifer is always so thoughtful sending baking treats home with the kids on special days so I wanted to return the kindness.

 
 
I sew better than I bake, so I whipped up some tissue holders.  With my 'icing' I added their names on it with home-made labels. I sewed up a couple fat-quarters from Periwinkle Quilting and busted a few stash pieces.  My sewing pantry is far from empty, but its looking less like a hoarder!
 
 

To make these tissue holders, I cut a piece 6" x 16" then sew it into loop.  If the scrap wasn't big enough, then I cut 6" x 8.5" and stitched two seams to form the loop.  Then fold into tissue holder, overlapping edges and stitch ends.  Turn right-side out.  Add your tissues.






No comments:

Post a Comment