Friday, March 8, 2013

Pattern Tester | E & E Ruffle Top

Yep, it's official - I'm a pattern tester! A wonderful blog - Elegance & Elephants - who I've been following for a while decided to launch a children's pattern. She put a call out for testers, about a 100 replied...and 15 of us accepted the opportunity.  You can see from my version, I'm longing for Spring!
I was honoured to make the tunic in size 6. It's so sweet!  You can check out the post from Elegance & Elephants of all the tops and dresses, including images of Imogen wearing her top.  The pattern will be launched March 11th.

 
The fabric is "Luca" from the Alexander Henry Fabric Collection that I found at Unique Textiles. I found a Kona Cotton fat quarter in the perfect shade of coral from Periwinkle Quilting...just perfect to highlight the ruffles on the top.


Pattern was really great for all sewing levels as there are step-by-step photos accompanying the written instructions.  This will be a downloadable pattern - the wave of today in sewing.

 

 
I also got to use this beautiful vintage looking button - the only one of its kind in my stash. It was a perfect match!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment