Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Martini Dress | Lisette Passort Dress S2209

I love, love, love this dress.  I do plan on having Martinis (with olives) while wearing it.  Sadly only wine last night.  Wore this to a fundraising dinner in Saskatoon - The Silver Spoon - and even wore the Stella & Dot necklace I scored from last year's silent auction. 

The bodice has unique bust darts that criss-crosses up from the waist to the bust line.  I did up 3 muslins in order to get the top to fit right (my gorgeous full bust) and it looks great!  I used self-fabric bias to finish/face the neck and armholes. 

The designer of this pattern does the kid's patterns I love--Oliver + S.  I really enjoy the details she puts in like the bust darts.  Such simple designs, with a twist.  Brilliant!

The fabric, a quilting cotton, was a birthday gift while in Calgary at a store called Out of Hand -- bit like Aladdin's Cave with bolts stacked everywhere.  It screamed take me home and is a perfect match for this design. 

I feel Mad Men like...Peggy eat your heart out!  I will definitely be making this dress again, again and again... 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment