Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Knit Top with Front Drape | Trudy Jansen 718

I like this pattern as it's flattering for my full bust.  It has princess seams, allowing for an even better fit.  That's what the designer, Trudy Jansen, has on the majority of her patterns.  Makes it super easy to adjust the bust.  The drape is gathered into one side within the princess seam.  As you can see from the pattern, I decided to gather into the right side, whereas the pattern is gathered into the left side.  That's making a pattern your own!

In addition to my full-bust-adjustment, I scooped out the neckline to allow it to drape a bit nicer across the bust.  I did sew down the front where it crosses to ensure the neckline doesn't go lower to show my bra...classy!

This is a light weight rayon-jersey from our local fine shop, Unique Textiles.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment