Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pattern organization

Well I've collected a few patterns over the years so organizing them is a challenge so you can find what you need. So I started to take the pattern envelope and slide them into page protector in a binder--all by category (tops, bottoms, dresses, knits). I use the extended tab dividers to clearly a mark the sections

Here is a shot of my "kids and mens" binder. The pattern guts are put in a ziplock style bag and filled in a old dresser drawers by number. Simple!

Then for independent pattern companies that I sew a lot from (Hot Pattens and Trudy Jansen) I just copy the photo from the envelope or website and joy down fabric requirements. Guts are then filed.

I just take my binder shopping with me and I have all the info I need while shopping without lugging tones of pattern guts.

No comments:

Post a Comment